General terms and conditions
§ 1 Applicability, definitions of terms
(1) Kunstatelier Elke Heim, sole proprietorship, according to §19 UStG, Elke Heim, Turmstraße 5, 67487 Maikammer, Germany (hereinafter: "we" or "Kunstatelier-Heim") operates an online store for goods under the website https://kunstatelier-heim.de. The following general terms and conditions apply to all services between us and our customers (hereinafter: "customer" or "you") in their version valid at the time of the order, unless otherwise expressly agreed.
(2) "Consumer" within the meaning of these Terms and Conditions is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity. "Entrepreneur" is a natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of his commercial or self-employed professional activity, whereby a partnership with legal capacity is a partnership endowed with the capacity to acquire rights and incur liabilities.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contracts, storage of the contract text
(1) The following regulations on the conclusion of the contract apply to orders placed via our online store at https://kunstatelier-heim.de.
(2) Our product presentations on the Internet are non-binding and not a binding offer to conclude a contract.
(3) Upon receipt of an order in our online store, the following provisions shall apply: The customer makes a binding offer to enter into a contract by successfully completing the order procedure provided in our online store. The order is placed in the following steps:
- Selection of the desired goods,
- Adding the products by clicking the appropriate button (e.g. "Add to cart", "Add to shopping bag" or similar),
- Checking the information in the shopping cart,
- Calling up the order overview by clicking on the corresponding button (e.g. "Continue to checkout", "Continue to payment", "To order overview" or similar),
- Entry/verification of address and contact details, selection of payment method, confirmation of GTC and cancellation policy,
- Completion of the order by pressing the button "order subject to payment". This represents your binding order.
- The contract is concluded when you receive an order confirmation from us within three working days to the specified e-mail address.
(4) In case of conclusion of the contract, the contract is concluded with Kunstatelier Elke Heim, sole proprietorship, according to §19 UStG, Elke Heim, Turmstraße 5, 67487 Maikammer, Germany.
(5) Before placing the order, the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser's print function. The processing of the order and transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract, in particular the order data, the GTC and the cancellation policy, shall be carried out by e-mail after the order has been triggered by you, in part automatically. We do not store the contract text after conclusion of the contract.
(6) Input errors can be corrected using the usual keyboard, mouse and browser functions (e.g. "back button" of the browser). They can also be corrected by canceling the order process prematurely, closing the browser window and repeating the process.
(7) The processing of the order and transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract shall be carried out by e-mail, in part automatically. You must therefore ensure that the e-mail address you have provided to us is correct, that the receipt of e-mails is technically ensured and, in particular, that it is not prevented by SPAM filters.
§ 3 Subject matter of the contract and essential characteristics of the products
(1) In our online store is the subject of the contract:
- Der Verkauf von Waren. Die konkret angebotenen Waren können Sie unseren Artikelseiten entnehmen.
(2) The essential characteristics of the goods can be found in the item description.
(3) The sale of digital products shall be subject to the restrictions apparent from the product description or otherwise resulting from the circumstances, in particular with regard to hardware and/or software requirements for the target environment. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the subject matter of the contract is only the private and commercial use of the products without the right to resell or sublicense.
(4) Sorgfaltspflichten und Umgang mit den Bildern
- Applies to all images.
The painting should not hang too warm, not too dry and not too bright.
The picture should not be hung in the direct vicinity of a heater, fireplace, front door, balcony door of a window. Direct sunlight damages the picture, especially when working on paper, due to the effect of the sun the colors fade and the materials wear out.
Do not hang the painting in the bathroom or kitchen because of the change of humidity.
When heating in winter, you should additionally humidify the air in the room. For example, set up a humidifier or indoor fountain.
The room temperature should be around 18 to 20 degrees and the relative humidity should be between 55% and 60%.
Provide air circulation behind the image.
Otherwise, cracks may form in the primer, the painting layer and the painting overlays. You can put a cardboard on the back of the picture on the frame, it will provide protection from dirt and damage. Air circulation is better regulated. Place spacers between the wall and the picture, for example, cork or felt.
Use a very soft brush to dust the surface of the picture so that the material of the picture is not damaged. Do not use water.
§ 4 Prices, shipping costs and delivery
(1) The prices listed in the respective offers as well as the shipping costs are total prices and include all price components including all applicable taxes.
(2) The respective purchase price is to be paid before delivery of the product (advance payment), unless we expressly offer purchase on account. Furthermore, we offer you the purchase with credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX. The payment methods available to you are shown under a correspondingly designated button in the online store or in the respective offer. Unless otherwise stated in the individual payment methods, the payment claims are due immediately.
(3) In addition to the stated prices, shipping costs may be incurred for the delivery of products, unless the respective item is designated as free of shipping costs. The shipping costs will be clearly communicated to you again on the offers, if applicable in the shopping cart system and on the order overview.
(4) All offered products are ready for immediate shipment (delivery time: 7-10 days after receipt of payment), unless clearly stated otherwise in the product description.
(5) The following delivery area restrictions apply: Delivery will be made to the following countries: American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Benin, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America (USA).
You can find the respective prices under SHIPPING.
§ 5 Right of Retention, Retention of Title
(1) You may only exercise a right of retention insofar as it concerns claims from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until full payment of the purchase price.
§ 6 Right of withdrawal
As a consumer you have a right of withdrawal. This is governed by our Cancellation policy.
§ 7 Liability
(1) Subject to the following exceptions, our liability for contractual breaches of duty and for tortious acts shall be limited to intent or gross negligence. (see also §3, para.4.1)
(2) We shall be liable without limitation in the event of slight negligence in the event of injury to life, limb or health or in the event of breach of a material contractual obligation. If we are in default of performance due to slight negligence, if performance has become impossible or if we have breached a material contractual obligation, the liability for material damage and financial loss resulting therefrom shall be limited to the foreseeable damage typical for this type of contract limited. A material contractual obligation is an obligation the fulfillment of which makes the proper performance of the contract possible in the first place, the breach of which jeopardizes the achievement of the purpose of the contract and the observance of which you may regularly rely on. This includes in particular our duty to act and to fulfill the contractually owed performance, which is described in § 3.
§ 8 Contract language
Only German is available as the contract language.
§ 9 Warranty
(1) The warranty shall be governed by the statutory provisions.
(2) The warranty period for delivered goods vis-à-vis entrepreneurs shall be 12 months.
(3) As a consumer, you are requested to check the item/digital goods or the service provided immediately upon fulfillment of the contract for completeness, obvious defects and transport damage and to notify us and the carrier of any complaints as soon as possible. If you do not comply with this, this will of course have no effect on your statutory warranty claims.
§ 10 Final provisions
(1) German law shall apply. In the case of consumers, this choice of law shall only apply to the extent that the protection granted by mandatory provisions of the law of the state of the consumer's habitual residence is not thereby withdrawn (favorability principle).
(2) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall expressly not apply.
(3) If the Customer is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law, the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from contractual relationships between the Customer and the Provider shall be the Provider's registered office.